Library + party might seem a strange equation to some, but here at DPPL our annual spring fundraiser, "Do The Dewey," adds up to one great evening out on the town.
2011 will be no exception. On Saturday, May 7, 2011, join us from 7-10 PM at the Des Plaines Public Library. For $35.00 per person ($40.00 at the door), you will enjoy all you can eat appetizers and desserts, and your choice of beer, wine and soft drinks all night long.
While you enjoy the food and drink, you can also get down to the Motown and R&B sounds of Charles and Company. As usual, there will be entertaining and educational programs all evening. Here's a sampling to whet your appetite:
- Brazilian Carnavale – Drop in and try percussion music and Samba dance instruction
- Airbrush Tattoos – get a temporary airbrush tattoo
- Chair Yoga – learn simple yoga poses you can easily do while sitting comfortably at home or in your office
- The Perfect Box – choose a special gift box constructed with decorated card stock or wallpaper samples
- Garden Center – get started on your vegetable garden with a tomato plant from Pesche’s
- Facebook – take a guided tour of the world's most popular social networking site
- Raffles and other surprises