Remember that the library offers a number of services and resources that can help you with that wish, should it be on your list as well. For example:
- Use our Reference USA database to research potential employers - use the advanced search options to create a customized list of companies that are looking for someone just like you (it's a great database for marketing a product or service, too).
- Join our Job Seekers Group - networking is a great way to stay inspired and energized and you never know who might bring you the contact that leads to a job. The next meeting is on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 9:30 AM. All are welcome, no need to register.
- Take advantage of our personal Career Counseling. If it's been awhile since you've been on the job market, you need someone to help you strategize. Look for the Career Counseling opportunities on our Events Calendar (generally Thursday mornings) and sign up for a 30 minute session.
- If you are on Twitter, follow our DPPLBusiness tweets. Every week, we provide another link to an interesting article, career fair or even job listings in the Des Plaines area. Get fresh ideas delivered straight to you.
- Check in regularly at our online Business/Career Resource Center. Research companies, find out about business/career-related events here at DPPL, get resume and job search advice.
- If financial hardship makes it impossible for you to have Internet service at home, remember our public computers and free wireless Internet connectivity are available 72 hours a week.