The Library can help you if you are looking for a job.
- First of all, visit our online Business/Career Center to browse job listings, research potential employers and update your resume. Use that link to get to the Business/Career Center, or, from our home page, aim your mouse at the drop-down "Reference" menu, then click on "Business/Career Resources."
- Some of the resources in our Business/Career Center are open Web sites, but a few are available only to library cardholders. Take advantage of these databases for extra job search help. For example, Reference USA can help you research a company before that big job interview (how much money do they make? how many employees? how is their credit rating? is it public or privately owned?). It can also hope you find potential employers - use the "Custom Search" function to search for industry type, zip code, etc. You can use Reference USA here at DPPL, where a professional librarian can assist you with creating the perfect search. If you're already a savvy searcher, you can use Reference USA from any Internet connection, as long as you have your library card number handy. Try our other Business databases, too, like Business and Company Resource Center, the Encyclopedia of Associations and more.
- Been awhile since you've had a job interview? Brush up on interviewing skills, polish that resume and learn about networking at our free career counseling sessions. Sessions take place on the 3rd Thursday of every month, from 9 AM - 11:30 AM. Mark your calendar for February 19th, when registration begins for the next round of personal sessions. To make your appointment, call 847-376-2787 on February 19th or stop by the 4th floor Reference Desk.
- Review our monthly Events calendar for programs (including free computer classes) that will help you update your skills or learn new ones.
- Use the Library as your job search headquarters. We have free Internet access, free wi-fi, comfortable seating, online and print resources for job searching and company fact-finding, a public fax machine, photocopiers and printers and lots of friendly assistance. Oh, and you can find our job listings by going to the "How Do I...?" menu on any page of our Web site and choosing "Work at the library."